I can’t believe I’m already 22. This time last year, I had just arrived in Amsterdam, and however cliché it sounds, it feels like yesterday. Following last year’s tradition, here are 22 things I have learned in my 22 years.
1. Happiness is the most important thing.
2. Being blonde IS more fun.
3. Punctuality is a virtue.
4. Not all friendships are forever.
5. People who love to eat are the best people. (I think Julia Child gets credit for this)
6. Air conditioning is worth the money.
7. Beer is actually pretty good.
8. You can’t give up carbs when you live in NYC. (bagels & pizza, duh)
9. Lipstick does a lot for your face.
10. So does liquid eyeliner.
11. If you wear heels enough your feet become numb to the pain.
12. Time is more important than money.
13. Experience is more important than anything.
14. I’m talented.
15. Dealing with a landlord sucks.
16. I like food more than people.
17. Cooking makes me happy.
18. Matcha (green tea) has literally changed my life.
19. Starbucks is a rip-off.
20. I’m really good at winning Twitter contests.
21. Time flies!