College has been great. Approaching my final weeks at Fordham has been incredibly bittersweet…I’ve grown so much in college, and the past four years have shaped me in ways I never could’ve imagined–and I can’t even count the number of incredible opportunities I’ve been given. At the same time, I feel ready to take the next step. Over the past year I’ve become more confident and self-assured, and feel like my career is headed in a great direction. I’ve been SO lucky to get to work in a field that I’m passionate about, all while living in the best city in the world.
Unfortunately, I keep having flashbacks to the final weeks of my senior year in high school, and I’ve come to the conclusion that senioritis in college is 10x worse. In high school, I didn’t really have an excuse for slacking on studying since there weren’t many distractions in my small hometown. Now, I’m in the most distracting place on earth! Happy hour, shopping, events, (tinder) dating, and work are really killing my barely existent scholarly vibe. All in all, I’m sad this chapter of my life is coming to a close…it’s been a better four years than I could have ever imagined. On a lighter note, I thought I’d share some #KardashianReactions that reflect my feelings towards college graduation!
1. Denial. Lol, yeah, whatever they’re not gonna let me graduate. I don’t even know what a 401k is.
2. Anger. Cap and gown??? Class ring?? Senior ball? My parents are cutting me off???? BYEEE.
3. Bargaining. There could be some perks. No more homework? I’m cool with that. And hello, salary. How do I get an expense account?
4. Fear. I need a job! I need to find a new apartment! I can’t wear yoga pants everyday anymore!!
5. Acceptance. Real world, I am READY FOR YOU!
Kardashian family gifs c/o GIPHY