Something about football season, cozy clothes, and Instagrammable leaves makes fall seem like a great time to be in a relationship…not that I’m in one. I remember starting my first year of college and assuming I would have a boyfriend to bring home to meet my parents over Thanksgiving weekend. I literally laughed out loud as I wrote that. Anyway, here are some reasons why being single in my favorite season is worse than any other time of year.
1. You don’t have a cute significant other to take pumpkin patch pics with, so your Instagram game is suffering.
2. You don’t have someone to steal oversize flannel shirts from.
3. Another year of not being part of a couples Halloween costume.
4. The holidays are coming up, so you know your extended family is going to be questioning your perennial singleness.
5. It suddenly seems like everybody is in a relationship except you, so you spend your nights drinking white wine alone in your apartment.
6. Love Actually is back on Netflix, and you don’t have anyone to watch it with. (Actually, I can’t even get my mom to watch this with me so idk how valid this complaint is.)