NYC is home to a specific breed of a (not so) gentleman I like to call the “finance douche.” Thanks to Wall Street and all of the major banks that call New York home, there are an incredible amount of guys who work “in finance” doing something that makes a ridiculous amount of money without needing to be especially smart. Here’s what makes them tick.
1. They (obviously) studied Finance in college.Or maybe Econ if they couldn’t get into the business program. Probably a private university in the Northeast, maybe Georgetown or UVA.
2. Interned at Goldman Sachs or JP Morgan. AKA fucked around for a summer on someone else’s dime.
3. Lives in Murray Hill, FiDI or the Upper East Side with at least two of his college buddies. The rest live in a 4-block radius. They still play beer pong on Sunday afternoons.
4. Their favorite topic of conversations are a) drunk frat shenanigans; b) Microsoft Excel; c) their alcoholic boss.
5. Totes an Amex that has an annual fee higher than your rent.
6. Studied abroad in Dublin or London and doesn’t remember any of it.
7. Wears Chubbies in a non-ironic way.
8. Smokes occasional cigarettes in an ironic way.
Check our more NYC stereotypes here.