I can’t say if I’ve used any or all of these, but when I’m feeling anti-social it’s always good to have an excuse stored in the back of my brain. Here are some of my best (?) ideas for getting out of an awkward blind date, a party for a co-worker you’ve never spoken to or 10am brunch when you’re hungover.
1. You’re super sore from Pure Barre.
2. You forgot you promised your roommate you’d go to dinner with her for her birthday.
3. You have a Skype interview with a company in China (time differences, man).
4. It’s your time of the month.
5. You’re locked out of your apartment.
6. Your wallet got stolen and you only have $3.91 in loose change.
7. You have to stay home to let the cable guy in.
8. Damn, you JUST ordered Thai food on Seamless.
9. The new Frank Ocean album is making you cry.
10. You ate too many free bagels at work and none of your going-out clothes fit.
Here’s to a Friday night in!